Research Editorial Assistant
Job Title: Research Editorial Assistant
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Fulltime, Some evenings and weekends required.
The Seattle Science Foundation is looking for a Research Editorial Assistant (REA) to join our team. The REA will report directly to the Chief Scientific Officer/Vice President. The position will be primarily responsible for editing scientific papers, scientific books, documentation, submission, and approval of all content for external communications by the Seattle Science Foundation (SSF). REA will also be assigned various duties related to the mission of the SSF.
Areas of Responsibility
- Establish the editorial review process for external documents including; abstracts, posters, presentations, manuscripts, press releases, slide presentations, etc.
- Per Executive Director assist with SSF marketing platform and assignments.
- Quality assurance of all outgoing written and electronic communications.
- Insurance that all documents meet various journal standard for format, content and sourcing of references.
- Work within a project management system (e.g., Trello).
- Work in conjunction with a large number of researchers, doctors, and fellows.
- Manage the "circulation" of each project for feedback on content and formatting.
- Collaborate with the Chief Scientific Officer and Director of Research and Development on the final review and approval of peer-reviewed papers published from SSF (e.g., The Spine Scholar, OMF Journal).
- Organize meetings with fellows to complete reviews and revisions of papers.
- Maintain electronic file for each project documenting the origination, submission site, review and references for each project.
- Assist with the editorial process for multiple peer-review journals housed at the SSF.
- Other duties would include assisting the CSO with various assigned office tasks.
- Other duties as assigned by the President, Executive Director, or Vice President.
- Ability to work occasional weekend educational courses.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three to five years' copyediting experience. Will consider candidates with copyediting experience in other fields.
- English is primary language.
- Strong working knowledge of English grammar and usage.
- Oral and written communication skills essential.
- Curisity/interest in medical topics essential.
- Organization and attention to detail essential.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Detail and process oriented.
- Timely with work load is essential.
Trouble viewing the form below? Click here.