This year's Interventional Pain Management Fellows Course is designed to bring interventional pain management and interventional spine fellows in training together to advance interventional procedures.
Topics will include:
- Anatomy of the vertebral body
- Pedicular approach to vertebral augmentation
- Kyphoplasty via the suprapedicular approach
- Pathophysiology of lumbar facet mediated pain
- Differential diagnosis
- Lumbar and cervical spinal anatomy
- Latest lumbar radio frequency techniques
- Indications for spinal cord stimulation
- Cervical and lumbar spinal cord stimulation trial techniques
- Spinal cord stimulation implantation techniques for cervical and lumbar spine
Hands On Cadaveric Lab:
- Vertebroplasty (1 thoracic & 1 lumbar station)
- Kyphoplasty (1 thoracic & lumbar station)
- Neurotomy (1 cervical & 1 lumbar station)
- Spinal Cord Stimulation Stations (1 cervical & 1 lumbar station)
The conversion of any fellowship to practice often can be challenging. It is our hope that this course will provide a useful starting point for this important phase of training.
*This course is now full. If you would like to be placed on the waitlist please complete the form below.
The registration fee is waived as this workshop is being supported by educational grants from industry. For out-of-town attendees, three nights shared hotel accommodation (room & tax only) at the Silver Cloud Hotel for Thursday & Friday nights will be covered. We will take care of booking the rooms. In addition, the course will cover up to $500 towards the cost of coach-class airfare.
Up to three residents/fellows from one program are allowed to attend.
This course is intended for neurosurgical residents and fellows.
The Seattle Science Foundation is located at 550 17th Avenue, James Tower, Suite 600 in Seattle, Washington. Parking is available in the garage on 16th Avenue between Cherry and Jefferson at a maximum fee of $16.50. From I-5 (northbound and southbound), take the James Street exit. Travel east on James Street. James will become Cherry Street. Turn right (south) on 16th Avenue. Turn right into the main garage entrance.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Phone: (206) 732-6500
Fax: (206) 732-6599