November 3, 2018
Seattle Science Foundation
550 17th Avenue, James Tower, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98122
The 3rd Annual Spinal Navigation, Emerging Technologies, & Systems Integration Course is an advanced training course held for orthopaedic and neurosurgeons who treat spinal conditions. Nationally recognized speakers will focus on provocative topics and in-depth debates regarding spinal navigation and robotics application in spine surgery. They will also provide hands-on workshops in state-of-the-art lab facilities. The goal is to gain knowledge and experience of the new modalities in spine surgery, addressing both the guidelines and controversies of the field, as well as attaining hands-on exposure and training in the cadaver lab.
- Indicate the benefits and pitfalls of navigation
- Utilize alternative techniques for identify anatomy/location when navigation is not indicated
- Review what navigation modalities are most effective for surgery in the cervical spine
- Indicate the benefits of navigation in MIS surgery
- Practice using navigation in the clinical setting on a spinal deformity procedure
- Visualize anatomic considerations in the trauma setting that make navigation use beneficial and/or not helpful
- Illustrate tumor location challenges (i.e., thoracic spine) and review why imaging can be time saving and risk reducing
- Illustrate the appropriateness and application of the various robotic systems
- Demonstrate the negatives of system integration in spine surgery
- Illustrate possible challenges with emerging technologies
- Demonstrate use of spinal imaging guidance systems
Please note this course is not CME accredited.
Unable to view registration form below? Click here.
The Seattle Science Foundation is located at 500 17th Avenue, James Tower, Suite 600 in Seattle, Washington. Parking is available in the garage on 16th Avenue between Cherry and Jefferson at a maximum fee of $16.50. From I-5 (northbound and southbound), take the James Street exit. Travel east on James Street. James will become Cherry Street. Turn right (south) on 16th Avenue. Turn right into the main garage entrance.
For Further Information
Phone: (206) 732-6500
Fax: (206) 732-6599